Saturday, December 15, 2012

008 // The Horizon

I was driving in the mid-afternoon with a friend to a location using the I-5 when I came across this.  What struck me when I took this picture was just how open the landscape was. The lack of any buildings or any sort of manmade structures really made the sky feel so vast. This position alone made me feel as though it was a backdrop for a theater production . What I love about this is just the way the sky really transitions from a layer of gold to this nice blue sky. The wide stretch of dark green trees right over the layer of green grass also gives this a nice stretch and depth. There's a nice serene feeling that I get from this that makes me feel as though things are just starting to die down. Granted, I feel as though any sunset does that, but just because I was out in the open, the effect of that was on a larger scale. It was worth stopping for to soak in.

No comments:

Post a Comment