Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Week 10, Holiday Cheer


With the holiday season around, lighting displays dazzle neighborhoods, malls and various public locations. A while back I had worked on adding a unique Christmas display at my own home. The spiral staircase provides a unique opportunity to show holiday cheer and illuminate the room at the same time. With no other lights on except for the stair lighting, the entire room glows from all of the lights used on the stairs. With so many curves and objects to attach to, deciding how to wrap the lights on the stairs was a very fun activity. I enjoy the lights so much that I think I will leave them up all year long! They will just transform into the next holiday's lights. Also I figured out how many lights I could put on that circuit in my home and if I wanted to, the staircase could glow like the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment