Sunday, December 9, 2012

Week 10: CHRISTMAS ON MAIN STREET!

This is Main Street, Disneyland, CA.

Going here a week ago today, seriously brought me into the holiday spirit. And brought me into it right!

How you ask? Well... ALL OF THE LIGHTS!

I snapped this picture right when I saw main street for the first time that night because I was just so awestruck by how gorgeously Disney had decorated this icon of a tourist attraction.

From the lit up wreath-like things going from one side to the other, to the giant Christmas tree that was probably more ornaments and lights than actual tree, to the revolving laser light thingy in the back.

It was all so amazing. Such a spectacle. It's so interesting though how lights are so connected to human emotion. The whole reason why people want to go to Disneyland during the holidays is BECAUSE of the decorations, the lights.

From the start I've been so fascinated with how subconscious that connection to light is that we have. We all have reactions to light and feel something when we see certain colors, certain lights, certain designs. But I wonder, do these feelings change from culture to culture? Or is there something universal about light that every human being can perceive the same way?

Whatever the answer may be, one thing is for sure. Everyone loves Christmas lights. And Disneyland.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post - I do think Culture has a pretty big impact on our aesthetics but there are also universal reactions to color - really great thing to explore

    ReplyDelete