Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Week 10 - Candy Cane Lane

So I was made aware by my peers that I have been a bit overzealous when it came to these lighting blogs (writing them every week). I guess I could simply say that I have been overly aware of light and required to write more than necessary about it. I have also been made aware that I need to read instructions a little more closely. That being said, I will write my final post on what is most appropriate for this time of year. I went home this past weekend to celebrate the first night of Hanukkah with my father. While there, I took a trip over to see which houses had begun to put up their Christmas lights. I live close to a very popular street known as Candy Cane Lane, where homes go all out for the holidays. I love that each house has its own style and the personality of the homeowner is shown through their decorations. I find some of the most beautiful and classic-looking yards have no color at all, but are rather lit up with a stunning amount of white lights. These homes seem inviting and lovely and the closest thing to a white Christmas the valley may ever experience. I've also found that the families with children usually have Disney characters or bursts of color in the front yard bringing a different kind of wow factor to that particular home. It's always a fun experience, but I really noticed just how much light can affect our mood. This street alone lifts so many spirits and brings so much joy to kids and adults alike through light. It's pretty awesome :) Happy Holidays, everyone! Thanks for a great quarter! P.S. This particular picture is from last year's festivities. I couldn't not post it. This family's home is just above and beyond. "It's a Small World" comes to Woodland Hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment