Sunday, November 11, 2012

Week 6: Early Morning Light



This was another picture that was taken on my morning trip to the ARC. When I had taken this picture it was quite cold. As opposed to my previous picture with the foggy day, it was interesting to see how the lack of moisture in the air did not give off the diffused look. Originally when I had snapped this photo, the image came out a lot darker giving more emphasis to the silhouette given by the shape of the surroundings, but as I uploaded the photo it was brighter than I expected. Initially I wanted to have this hidden effect concealing everything and just having the casted outline, but this works too. In fact I like how there is very minimal light that expose the surroundings, but still leaving a lot to reveal with more light. Giving this image a second look, I imagine possibly recreating this type of light for my Our Town project because when I see this type of light it gives me this idea of a dawning day and how towards the beginning everything is still left a mystery, although with the outline of the buildings you have the general impression that what you’re looking at is a town.

1 comment:

  1. "idea of a dawning day and how towards the beginning everything is still left a mystery" - very nice quote and observation of the image

    Nice ties to current project work

    ReplyDelete