Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Week 8: Mountain Sun

Over Thanksgiving break I took a quick three day trip to Zion national park in Utah with my family. I had been to Zion previously, but I was very young and I really couldn't remember much about it. Driving to Utah it was mostly desert and not much to look at, but once we reached Zion I was really astounded at how beautiful and green the park was. While on a hike I took this picture and really loved the beams of light that shine throughout the photo. The sun is very bright and probably a little too powerful, but the way it shines on the water makes it feel almost cold. I also like how the shadows on mountains in the background seem further away than they actually were. I took many pictures on this trip, but this photo stood out from the rest because of how harsh the lighting was.

No comments:

Post a Comment