Sunday, November 11, 2012

Week 6- Out of a Dream

Lighting, for me, is a way to exemplify a reality that may or may not be "real".  Walking out of my apartment and looking into the sky to see this made me stop and think about the amazing beauty light brings to nature every day.  This picture reminded me of the opening background of Toy Story, which is the wallpaper in Andy's room.  The light hit these clouds perfectly and made them look puffy and innocent.  So much in our every day lives is dictated by harsh deadlines, people, and expectations.  It is so rare that we get to see something as pure as this because we never take the time to look.  Had the sun been out differently on this day, I wouldn't have gotten this feeling of hope and determination that I got when I saw the sky.  The sky looks different depending on the light around it; a stormy sky will not bring about the same feeling that this sky does and vice versa.  The sky was painted beautifully due to the light and it really spoke to me.  I hope we all can learn to take the time to observe and love the beauty of the natural light around us more and more as we progress in this non stop world.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice post and reminder

    Light can affect our emotions so much whether we notice or not, so it is nice to stop and notice

    Good message from Our Town :)

    ReplyDelete