Sunday, November 25, 2012

Week 8 - Reflections

I took this on the drive back to school - sunset over the water of a lake/reservoir not far from home. I took a couple of pictures that didn't feature the fence as prominently, but this was the one that I felt best reflected the way that the light hit the water.

It was almost two bright to look at, the double image of the sun and its reflection, but the way that the light seemed to encompass everything was gorgeous.

This picture shows a little more of the water, but it got me thinking about mirrors. Obviously they play a role in the development of lenses already, but the natural mirror made me think of the possibilities in a theatrical setting. The term "smoke and mirrors" is thrown around a lot, and referred to in terms of haunted houses and other spectacle. But how  else could it be used? The specificity of some things can be lost in a large space (which is probably why it's a convention more commonly used in film), but I love the idea.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice images. I am a little confused by what you are asking - reflection is sometimes difficult to get across unless the LD works closely with the Set Designer

    These images would be great research images for these types of looks onstage with good collaboration with scenery

    ReplyDelete