Sunday, November 11, 2012

Week 6: A blanket for the Abyss


I see this image each time I come home and I love it. It makes me feel like I live on a mystic creek. Unfortunately as hard as I tried my iphone was not able to fully capture how the lights are. In this picture they look really bright, but they are actually rather dim. These lights illuminate these small bridges that run throughout the complex. Each time I feel like I'm crossing a large river and because the lights are so dim you can't see the bottom of the running water, but it's really only about 3feet deep. The lights really blanket the top of the water and don't reveal anything below leaving a mystery beneath. On some nights, the lights have a "creepy" effect on me. Especially when the frogs jump into the water and the cat above this bridge looks deep into my soul. The way the lights hit the water also have a dreamy effect on me. They remind of flash backs for some reason and they also have a calming effect which goes against the erie feeling. If I had it my way though, I would remove the other lights around the bridges to give a better effect. I almost forget that there are bulbs in these lights and sometimes pretend their candles...I know a little weird. These bridges and lights are the first thing guests usually comment on.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post - nice look into your thoughts and connections to light

    ReplyDelete