Monday, November 12, 2012

Week 6: Gobo Crazy

Whilst sitting in my room this weekend i notice this stripe texture on my wall. I say texture instead of pattern because instead of these being very clear stripes on my wall, they are varying sizes. These shadows were cast from the other side of my room by my plantation shutters on my windows. One of them was fairly open and the other was almost closed. But together they form this really interesting pattern. I could imagine this being projected on the Cyclorama of a show. The combination of the two patterns reminds me of the water effect we were shown in class. And it emphasizes the fact that two gobos can be better than one. And that two gobos can come to together and produce something we could actually find in nature and not just in a theater.

1 comment:

  1. Really interesting photo - great texture


    Please remember to post by Sunday night

    ReplyDelete