Sunday, November 11, 2012

Week 6: Bouncy House

I had a chance to bounce in this bouncy house over the weekend. It got me really thinking about light and more specifically, light in motion. We got just enough sunlight to really slip through the cracks and it made me feel and think of many different things. I wondered how I could replicate this light cracking through. I was thinking about goboing something with these cross patterns and set it on something movable since you can't imitate this effect without something along those lines. It also got me thinking about colors and the emotions I was feeling. Bouncy houses always make me feel like fun and freedom. It really made me feel happy and the combinations of colors remind me of that. During class we discussed how the typical colors are usually used when dealing with emotions ie. a red for passion/anger or a blue for calm, but that we should think beyond the cliche. These blues and pinks of this bouncy house will always remind me of happiness and I would love to see how it would look projected on a stage.

1 comment:

  1. A lot of what we think of color depends on where we encounter it - a happy experience with color present will then cause that color to remind us of happiness, etc

    Nice post and connection to how it could be attained on stage

    ReplyDelete