Sunday, November 25, 2012

Week 8: Blinding Light


I had taken this picture on the evening of Thanksgiving. My family had decided to hold our get together in my aunt’s house in Los Angeles. I was outside talking with my brother and then a ray of sunlight shot at my eye, which is exactly why this light had grabbed my attention. Besides the fact I was blinded by the sun, I really liked how this photo came out. What I gathered from this is that not only because it was evening and the sun was starting to set, but from this perspective the sun’s light totally washes out a lot of the color of the surroundings. Another aspect I enjoyed from this photo was the glimmer/glow from the sun, I’m not completely sure what exactly caused that I would assume it was an effect of the camera, but regardless I liked it. Personally the streaks of light surrounding sun remind me of times in movies when either some heavenly figure makes an appearance or someone had died and is walking towards the light.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice photo and good connection to emotion

    It has a great fall feeling while being very powerful

    ReplyDelete