Sunday, November 11, 2012

week6: Natural Gobo by leaves


 
 Last Thursday, these pictures were taken by me when I was walking along a road in front of a box office located on the UCI Arts campus right after finishing my spanish dance course. The time this light scenary was discovered was at about 6 p.m.  The biggiest reason I chosen this photo was due to the unique and miraculous harmony of the floor light lamp and leaves just lightly put on the light. At first glance, it immediately reminded me of a fabulous natural Go-bo created by harmonizing the natural material and the artificial light source. Depending on the shape and size of leaves, it was able to render a variety of patterns of the light design. Consequently, this marvelous figure made me realize the huge difference of a normal street view and the view without leaves, natural gobos. it was incredible for me to be aware of rediscovery of natural resources for enriching perimetric surroundings. Before taking these pictures,  I have not known the true value of a perfect balance meeting natural ingredients and evening light lamps on the street.

Since this date, I reflected on myself how indifferent I was about the beauty of the nature and light and decided to observe the scenery more closely and to recognize admirable appreciation and pleasure of the natural landscape which God created for us.

1 comment:

  1. Great expression of your connection to light and pattern

    Very expressive

    ReplyDelete