Sunday, November 25, 2012

Week 8: Welcome Home!



I pulled over and took this picture on the way home to NorCal. I decided to take a more scenic route home and I'm glad I did. I was already feeling really bummed that I had to leave Irvine so late, but seeing this in nature really made me feel warm. Sure, at first glance it can look like a fire, but to me it reminded me of a warm blanket and oddly enough, a turkey. I like how the colors in this are dark and rise up to lighter colors. There is a strong center and focal point or source of light. As I said before, this made me feel very warm and the feeling of going home. It brought back memories of all the good times going home and it made me excited to eat turkey. I love the black shadows that are created in between the beam of light and I love how much depth is created beyond the horizon. It gives the image that there is more than just a flat image. I also love the color created underneath the individual clouds. Due to where the source of light is created, the color on the clouds is only shown on the bottom of the clouds. Its like the clouds create mini images of the larger picture below.

1 comment:

  1. Great image - amazing contrast

    the emotions you get from it really speak to context, as you say early on it looks like fire and could all be about harsher emotions but put in context I completely got the sense of home

    Nice post

    ReplyDelete