Sunday, November 11, 2012

Week 6: Winter light

I took this photo on a spontaneous afternoon trip to the beach a few days ago with some buddies. Being there and now looking at the picture give off two different feelings. Being there it was very cold and the light from the sun gave a somber feeling because of the clouds diffusing it. But now looking at the photo the sun gives off hints of yellow and light brown, that when shining on the black rocks make it feel very warm. The beach air was very damp, but the light in the picture to me feels very dry and almost desert like. If I took the photo and tried to light this on stage I feel the light source representing the sun would be very harsh to the audience. Because though it is being covered by clouds it is still is coming though very brightly.

1 comment:

  1. Great image and I like your translation to what it would need to be onstage

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete