Sunday, November 11, 2012

Week 6: Homemade Gobo



So I was doing homework at my desk one night this past week, and I noticed that my desk lamp was making a really cool light shape on the wall. It caught my attention and I started to move my lamp around to see how the shapes would change as I moved it. I tried moving it closer to the wall and farther away, it was kind of hard to capture on film, but it reminded me so much of a gobo I had to share it this week.



To me it kinda of looks like birds flying away, like seagulls flying over the ocean. That's how I envision i'd use this gobo, for a beach scene, it would be cool if the gobo would move or rotate around. It's also interesting that the shape on the back of the lamp is an oval but when the light reflects through it, it turns out like V's on the wall. Gobo's seem like they would be fun to play with as a lighting designer, I hope we get the chance to user them at some point.

-Alyssa Tyson

1 comment:

  1. Nice post - I love your curiosity about light and your commitment to the projects

    We will not play with gobos much in this class but if you want more exposure to them, chat with me outside of class

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete