Sunday, October 14, 2012

Week 2: Dusk


This image of the sun going down left a huge impression on me. This picture was taken at dusk on my trip to get dinner. After I left for dinner, I noticed this and immediately thought of how I would light a similar image. The dim lights over the horizon were perfect for setting a mood and I was thinking about how I could duplicate this on a stage. I really enjoy how the blues seem to fill and fade. I like the image of the sky as the light fades down. I thought about how I could replicate something like this. It would definitely require a lot of gels to change the light and a bulb that could dim down to this ambient level. It also made me wonder if I could do this with par cans and set a mood with them. It would definitely require a bluish gel to duplicate that light.

1 comment:

  1. Nice image and thoughts on how you would replicate it - as lighting designers, we always have to translate what we are trying to light into emotion - I wonder how this affected your emotions

    Nice post

    ReplyDelete