Monday, October 29, 2012

Week 4 Castle.of.Dreams


We all know what this is. It's the freaking Disney Castle! With gorgeous lighting to boot!

This was taken on the day that my friend had her birthday party in Downtown Disney. We went to Disneyland and stayed the entire day. I took this picture after the fireworks and before there were too many people in front of the castle. I feel as though the position I was in for this picture was just perfect.

I suppose for myself, the way the castle was lit was something that goes back to a much nicer place of my childhood and past. The color scheme feels so enchanted and magical. (I'm beginning to realize I'm a  bit of a romantic when it comes to my choices for lighting...)

I look at this castle and I realize that it isn't only nice and warm, but rather grand, mysterious, and at the same time frightening and exciting at the same time. For me, this picture leaves me with not a sense of security, but rather sheer awe. To hopefully put this into more relatable terms, it's like the idea of suddenly being able to fly. The idea itself is amazing and fun, but if you were to really place yourself in a situation with you going up to a dizzying height and then dropping down close to the ground again, it's both exhilarating and terrifying as well.

It's such an unnatural shade of blue and bright pink that makes it seem like they literally took the castle out of, well, an animated Disney movie. The idea that somethings that are 'dreams' can cross into the realm of reality... perhaps that's what this really reminds me of (and that idea that it can manifest into reality is the part that leaves me in awe).

1 comment:

  1. Great post - really great details taken from a picture that many recognize

    Great ideas on color and emotions!

    ReplyDelete