Saturday, October 27, 2012

Week 4: After a Long Drive...



I had taken this picture after I had just arrived back in Irvine from back home. The time was just around 6:30pm, so basically whatever sun that was left from the day was about to go away. I managed to snap this picture in midst of its departure. At first when I saw this, my first reaction was “Hmm. That’s nice”, but now as I really look at it there are a few things that I found pretty cool. For starters I like how the clouds covering the sun left two different types of color one on top and the other the bottom. Coming from the center moving upwards you get this kind of effect making a gradual change from white light to a more bluish purple light. Whereas, the center going downwards you just get this kind of white light that gradually gets more intense and bright. The overall impression I got from this picture was this calm kind of feeling because of how eventually as time would progress it would be come dimmer and sooner or later it’ll be dark, insinuating that it is time to get shut eye.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pic

    Nice analysis of the technical aspects of the image and then your emotional connection

    ReplyDelete