Sunday, October 28, 2012

Week 4: Morning Shadows

     Today I woke up and noticed that the light had just so happen to cast a shadow of the trees into my window. This got me thinking a lot about light for a number of reasons. I was first just strictly interested in the shadow it casted, but soon after i noticed how the blinds themselves allow more light through the cracks and less through the thicker parts of the blinds.
     I thought how I could replicate this. Obviously, I would need to go with a leko and a gobo which could replicate the pattern of the shadows, but I thought about the blinds themselves. Maybe a second gobo with thin lines as the pattern could possibly replicate this. I think the light would cut through correctly and make this beautiful shadow pattern.
     The thing that made this photo really special to me was how it made me feel inside. It was a warming feeling. Since the light wasn't too strong, but definitely a presence it reminded me of home. We would get awesome days with perfect weather that would just wake you up in the morning. This feeling is something I think I could replicate with light. Something with a warm amber light that is dimmed and layered with some Lekos to give it volume. It wouldn't be quite the same, but I imagine those lights would give the feeling that you can sieze the day. That is the feeling I would want to capture.

1 comment:

  1. Intriguing image!

    Great analysis of it and how it affects you!

    You could potentially do it with one leko with 2 gobos in it but you would not get the same depth with the single source

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete