Thursday, October 25, 2012

Week 4: Good Morning :)


I couldn't help but capture this picture while I was heading to class one morning on the 4th floor of HIB.


It was a pretty cold fall morning, clearly the winter season is well on its way as the air becomes crisp. However, the sunlight brought a wonderful warm beam that can even warm a person from outside in. Before the sun emerged from behind the clouds, I woke up grouchy because of the how cold it had become and it felt as though the day would be one of those pretty gloomy ones that just drag on. But, the sun woke me up and brightened my mood almost immediately, making me excited for another day out in the sun. It's warmth really affected me positively making me state that "today is a good day". One of my favorite parts of this scenery is the contrast between the bright sky and sun with the darkness of the buildings and trees. Because of the clarity of the sky, it reflects onto the glass ceiling in front and made me remember how positivity is contagious because the more happy and positive one person is, the others around them will be affected by it and feel somewhat the same. Just as the sun brightens the the sky, it also brightened my day immensely.

1 comment:

  1. Nice image and great ties to weather and emotion.

    Light/sun can have such an impact on how our emotions change moment to moment - a lucky fact for us lighting designers!

    ReplyDelete