Sunday, October 14, 2012

Week 2: Bright Sunshine


Last summer, this marvelous scenery was captured by me when I was walking along the Venice Beach with my previous roommate. At that moment, the reason I decided to take this photo was due to the indescribable image harmonized by the beauty of the 'bright sunshine' and the happeniess of an elderly couple. If we look up the meaning of the word 'sunshine' in a dictionary, 'sunshine' indicates 'Happiness' as well as the general meaning, the light and heat that comes from the sun. As soon as I found the meaning, this gorgeous photo differently seemed to me. More specfically, the figure the elderly couple walks grabbing each's hand signified eternal love and shiny happiness, and the bright sunshine toward them enriched their beautiful lives more in my viewpoint. Through staring at this picture and meditating about it, I could realize the wonder of the bright sunshine illuminating the vast sea and the lovely old couple.
 
Light itself plays not just a useful role of brightening darkness, but also an invaluable role of making our daily life much brighter, richer, and happier than livng without light.
 
This is what I realized thanks to this bright sunshine on the beach.
 

1 comment:

  1. Very nice post. Great ties from the light to our emotions and how it helps us literally live better

    ReplyDelete