Sunday, October 21, 2012

Week 4: Color and Sharpness

I was sitting on my couch while talking on the phone and this beautiful stream of light caught my eye. I immediately paused my conversation so I could take a picture of this light. The color of the light and the sharpness of it's beams filled me with joy and peacefulness. It was as if the sun was painting it's beauty on the walls of my house. It is so interesting how much light can affect your mood and also how it can really command your attention.

The window and the bookshelf in my house are working together to direct the light onto the wall. Without these two objects the light would not have found the shape that it has on the wall. This caused me to think of the importance of knowing your space and the objects in it when lighting a production. The light you are working with on stage is going to be altered by the objects around it, and it is our job as lighting directors to use the entirety of the space to create the necessary light on stage in order to evoke the proper mood.

1 comment:

  1. Really excellent and elegant post!

    Nice image as well

    Great combination of emotion, scenic impact and light!

    ReplyDelete