Friday, October 5, 2012

Week 2: Mid day sun


This is an image of my old house. The lighting is not making that huge of a statement, I guess. But there are some harsh shadows, and it's all very bright. Just giving the feeling of the sun beating down on the world.
This is significant because on this day our relatively neighbors surprised us by cutting down the line of trees that had always stood between our houses for the 24 or so years my family has lived in that house.
The change in lighting and heat both outside and inside the house (especially in the room connected to that wall) was maybe the most dramatic change, which is why I find this so meaningful.

I have been playing this week, taking photos of various lighting moments, but I saw this on my computer and I thought that it had a totally different feeling, and thought that it was definitely something that could translate theatrically.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice analysis of what looks relatively simple - it would be very interesting to see an interpretation of this photo on stage, given your reaction to it

    Nice post

    ReplyDelete