Sunday, October 28, 2012

Week 4: The Rain Clouds and The Mouse

This is a picture that I took last week while at Disneyland with my sister. It was the weekend that it was really stormy and I thought it would be a great opportunity to get a picture for 50C. I thought this picture was even more relevant considering the last lecture we had. At first after taking this very "originally" picture I thought to myself it's not a example of light, but then I realized, we learned that light doesn't have to be bright and elaborate to be considered good lighting. So when I first saw this picture I was not sure what the source of the light was since the lights on the rides are so much brighter than the sun in the sky. However, I realize that the source is still the sun, but it is just dimmed by the clouds. This enhances the lights on the surrounding attractions making them stand out more without it being night time. So even the sun can be dimmed and not necessarily "off" or striked. Looking at this picture and being in that moment I couldn't help but feel contrasting emotions. I was excited to see the attractions lit up and go wait in line for them, but at the same time I felt an eerie sense due to the clouds and what they created for this moment. The bright reds and blue pumped me up to go on this magical adventure while the sky above gave me this feeling of awe and uncertainty.

2 comments:

  1. Great thoughts on the variety of emotions we are pushed through due to light, color and intensity

    Nice post

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the picture alone, I get the same sense of uncertainty and excitement! Awesome view of the "happiest place on earth".

    ReplyDelete