Sunday, October 14, 2012

Week 2: It's Not Easy Being Green

I saw this little guy while I was filming a short scene for another class. It was already dark and I was in the social science plaza at UCI. There were many other opportunities for pictures that reflected water, lights of color, but this particular image caught my attention as I sat for a short break. I looked down on this long vine and there at the end was this bright green "subject" if you will, center stage in all it's glory. If you follow the vine backwards, you notice it's true green color seems to grow weaker under a different brightness of light. The light from above came from lamps that were much higher and seem to have a less intense level of brightness. Here, however you can clearly see the color of this vine and it reminded me very much of theatre and a spot light.

1 comment:

  1. Really great picture and analysis of it

    How did it affect you emotionally?

    ReplyDelete