Sunday, October 14, 2012

Week #2: The light of inhumanity


Nowadays, people can't live with electronic devices, especially, computers or smart phones. When I wake up, I unconsciously push the power button on my computer and go to the bathroom. The computer is really a part of my life. This picture is the power button of my computer. I noticed the light and the shape of my computer and I realized this is the button that takes me to another world. I feel like this button is an entrance in order to contact and communicate with my family, friends, school, and the world. Also, I have entertainment, for instance, watching movies and TV and listening to music. I recognize lights of electronic devices are so bright and sharp. I think people would be more surrounded by bright and sharp light like a laser beam as many as they takes electronic devices. This high intensity light makes me feel cold and inhuman because it's not nature. It's machines. Even though I contact people with a computer, it's not a real contact. As a part of nature, people need to see, hear, and touch other people in real life. 
-Youngchul Park

1 comment:

  1. Really interesting post - this could be expanded to an entire art installation with technology and the quality of light juxtaposed against human connection

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete