Sunday, October 14, 2012

Week 2: One Foggy Morning



I really thought this was the one picture I took that actually left an impression on me. This picture was taken on my morning trip to the ARC. Upon waking up that morning, as I was getting ready for my usual routine of going to the ARC, I happened to look outside my window to find that it was foggy out. As soon as I noticed this, I instantly was filled with joy. Why is that it? It was because I immediately would associate it being cold out and the probability that it would rain sometime soon. This was definitely refreshing because the last few days had been pretty rough with the constant 90+ degrees, so it was nice. After finally getting ready, I start to head out to the ARC and that is when I decided to snap this photo. The few things that I really enjoyed in this photo were how the lingering fog kind of just diffuses the sun. I didn’t particularly see rays of sunlight, but was given more of an ambient type of light. Having a general impression on how some brush strokes work in lighting I think I would have an idea of how I would be able to recreate this type of light from using a Leko to represent the sun with a few adjustments on the barrel to unfocus  a bit and probably using a combination of Fresnels and PARs to fill the rest of the stage.

1 comment:

  1. Nice connection to emotion and weather - really great image - the string sense of source but so diffused

    Nice tie to brush strokes!

    ReplyDelete