Sunday, October 14, 2012

Week 2: Hope


While driving through a relatively rural area, this scenery caught my eye. The first word that came into my mind while I took this picture was the word "hope". 


It had just rained and for the entire day, the storm clouds had left the sky extremely dark gray. It was upsetting because my dad and I had planned to spend most of the day outside. However, the little opening in the sky that allowed the bluest of sky and the brightest light shine through. It brought a flutter into my heart because it reminded me of days when you're at your lowest and you feel like your days are gray, sans color. But, there is always that light at the end of the tunnel as long as you walk through. It brings happiness into the sadness and brightness into the dark. The light also looks warm against the cold clouds and brings that warmth into your heart. Much of that is mostly due to the color contrast between the darkest of the clouds and the brightest of the sky. It shows you a glimpse of how great the other side might be and light into life.

1 comment:

  1. Really great ties from the picture through light to your emotions - very nicely articulated

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete