Sunday, October 14, 2012

Week 2: CRYSTAL WATERFALL


Last weekend I went home to surprise my mother for her birthday. That Saturday I found myself in San Francisco along with roughly a million other people from all over the world to enjoy Fleet Week, the American Cup, and the Giants game. Anyways... a long day passed by of scootering (yes, Razor scooters) around SF and Berkeley; I desperately needed to pee so I stumbled into the Hyatt right by the Bart station on Embarcadero to find a restroom. To my pleasant surprise, what I saw was quite spectacular. Here is what the inside of the hotel looked like:


As like most pictures, this definitely did not do the magnificence justice. It's a long, cascading series of strings of crystal lights that fall from the ceiling down, right above the bar and dining area. Immediately I knew I wasn't walking into just any ordinary hotel. Doesn't it just scream out, "We're fancy!"? To the left of those lights you can see the elevators, and even those are lit at the top and bottom. The entire lobby area is dimly lit, definitely setting the mood if anything. 

And even though I didn't stay in the hotel, I definitely felt like a million bucks walking around this place to just use their restroom.

2 comments:

  1. Really great tie to the architectural lighting designers intention!

    Nice tie of light and the emotional impact it can have on guests

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I'll have to check this out next time I'm in the city - I'm always fascinated by fountains paired with lighting (as I suppose they have to be) - and this is a gorgeous photo!

    ReplyDelete