Monday, October 29, 2012

Re: Week 2 Light:House


This is a tad late and I apologize for that. (For some reason, it refused to publish...)

This is a few blocks from where I live, and until I passed it, I never thought anything of it. It wasn't until later at night that I realized that it lit up, allowing the stained glass to really shine. I'm not too sure that the picture quality does it justice, but if you were to look at it with the naked eye, I swear it looks beautiful glowing in the middle of the street. I had gone around the entire building to find a good angle to take a picture of how it made me feel. The combination of the moon and the towering, um, tower being lit makes me feel like there's good in this world; that life isn't as scary as we put it to be and that there's a safe haven to look forward to or to look back at.

1 comment:

  1. Great image

    This type of iconography - specifically religious, can have such a profound impact on us, and such a varied one

    ReplyDelete