Sunday, October 28, 2012

Week 4: Bright Saturday

I spent the first half of saturday cleaning my house before I had to go to work that night. And though I tried to stay inside as much as possible because of how hot it was, I couldn't help it when I caught a glimpse of my cat sitting under the shade of the orange tree. I quickly went outside and snapped a picture before she ran away. I love Fall weather, but by the look of the photo it would seem as if it was mid June, the tree leaving a crisp shadow on on the grass and brick wall that could be replicated by using gobos. The sun was so bright with hints of yellow I want to say that using leikos could get closest to replicating that even sunlight. The brightness gives a feeling of high energy, but the shadow of the tree and the purples flowers on the tree in the distance give a very relaxed/simple feel. Both very different, but work very well together. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice comparisons to theatre and a good way to explore how to duplicate/simulate natural light in terms of the brush strokes we have at hand

    Nice post

    ReplyDelete