Sunday, October 14, 2012

Week 2: Mythical Sunset


I took this picture from my backyard about a week ago. What really caught my eye about this particular sunset where the bold colors because it gave the sky a magical feeling. I am used to seeing a sunset full of shades of pinks, oranges, purples, and dark blues, but the light blue in this sunset caught me off-guard. The texture of it makes it seem as if there was something powerful about to come out from behind the trees. When looking at this I feel anticipation for what is to come next. And although it is beautiful to look at something about it makes me feel uneasy just as if the next couple of moments could turn into something breath-takingly amazing or something very worrisome. I think i get this feeling because of the contrasting colors at the top, one side is a light blue and the other is a dark purple blue, and how either one can take over.

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing! It looks like it should be a winter sunset, located up north or in the mountains or something. Beautiful colors and shape. Stunning photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture and great explanation of the anticipatory feel of the color

    Nice post

    ReplyDelete