Sunday, October 21, 2012

Week 3: Unintentional Halloween Lighting

I've obviously walked the path to my apartment many times over the course of the last year and a half. I really noticed this week, though, with the change of weather and Halloween coming up, that the lights that are supposed to light our way at night are a little creepier than usual. I noticed that they use an orange-color bulb in the parking lot. Perhaps this is cheaper, but it also makes the shadows it casts on the pavement look eerie. What is a beautiful landscaping job during the day, becomes a dark and ominous image of somewhat distorted wildlife. As I mentioned before, this could all be a result of the upcoming holiday and the taboo surrounding it. However, the way the light hit the pavement induced me to walk at a quicker pace toward my door. Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather - I assume this is your "Week 4" post for next week, not week 2, as you already posted a Week 2 blog a week ago?

    Regardless, nice image and great attention to detail tied with emotional impact

    The lights technically are HID sources - specifically something called HPS (High Pressure Sodium)

    Nice job

    ReplyDelete