Friday, October 12, 2012

Week 2: They Can Tell When It's Raining...

As I was passing through the Vendor Fair on Ring Road yesterday, I stopped to photograph this particular formation of clouds. The rain had stopped about twenty minutes before this was taken and I loved not only the texture of the clouds, but also the stark contrast the shadows provided when paired against a white and blue assortment of fluffy clouds. Without the grey bottoms, someone looking on the scene would not be able to tell that a storm had just come through. The sky is so clear and the clouds are so bright that the only hint of us even getting rain is provided through the dark shadows. The photo came straight from my iPhone and I have not used any editing software. It made me think of how often I try to enhance my photos by adjusting the brightness and contrast, as if the natural light I have found was simply not good enough. I want to make sure to keep this photograph in mind when I'm designing a show. When I'm going for natural light on stage, perhaps the simplest adjustments
can create the mood I'm looking for. I don't want to overdo anything to take away from the realistic qualities presented in the text (assuming we are working with "realism").

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it is the simplest, purest angle and color that will make the emotional impact

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete